Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So I'm watching the Knicks-Cavs game tonight, and they show a promo for this charity auction that's going to be put on by basketball living legend Dikembe Mutombo. Some of the items that are going to be auctioned off include two courtside seats to a Knicks game, an autographed basketball, and -- Sweet Eli Whitney's nose -- lunch with Dikembe Mutombo.

The ad said that the fair-market value for lunch with Dikembe Mutombo was $166. I mean -- wow. I don't know about you, but that seems like one HELL of a bargain to me. I can't think of another athlete I'd want to have lunch with more than Dikembe Mutombo. Can't think of another celebrity, period. I'm being dead serious. Maybe Ozzy Osbourne.

My friend Mike's pushing me to bid on this, and I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna go for it, guys. I'm gonna go for it.

0 comments: